Learn about the Culture of the Place
Culture can be a very important aspect of a person’s life, especially in Asian countries. So, let’s say, for instance, you are booking cheap flights, take some more time and read up about their culture too. This will help you gel well with your hosts and make you seem less foreign.
Be at Your Best Behaviour
Remember that when you are lodging at a homestay, you are using someone’s home. Before you start your stay, ask them if they have any specific rules you need to follow. This way, you will not be disturbing them while enjoying your vacation. Also, be warm toward them so that they don’t have a skewed idea of the country you are representing.
Treat it Like a Homestay
Most often people forget the basic difference between a homestay and a hotel stay. At hotels, staff members will be at your beck and call. They will assist you with anything you want. But when you are staying at someone’s home, they might not have the manpower to do so. Try and help out as much as you can. If it’s not too much of a work, keep your room and bathroom as clean as possible. Additionally, try cleaning up after you have finished your meals.
Care for their Home
People often host guests to earn some extra cash on the side but that doesn’t mean, it’s not difficult to give up a portion of their house to strangers. Which is why, as guests, it becomes your duty to take care of their furniture and infrastructure. Don’t damage the property and try to treat it like your own home. Remember that someone has built it with as much love and care as you built your own.
- Reviews: visit the site to check the experiences and ratings that other people have left behind. This is one of the best ways in which you can find out what kind of hotel you are looking into.
- Take a look at the website: by looking at the website, you will have an idea of the hotel in very many ways. Usually, there should be pictures and it’s up to you to decide whether the facilities are up to your standards.
- Location: the hotel should not be situated in such a way that makes it hard to connect to other areas like the city. This takes care of the commuting issue that may arise, especially if located in areas that don’t have any public transportation.
- Compare: it is important to compare hotels in the area of interest. This ensures that you get the best facilities for accommodation at the same rate. Take your time choosing a hotel.
- Offers: before booking a room, take time to check for discounts on offer. Some hotels offer last minute or early bird discounts.
Some of the best characteristics of a good and the guest friendly hotel include:
- Cleanliness: a good hotel should be clean and tidy. This should be a place where you can easily relax and enjoy a good sleep before anything else. A hotel need not be a five star to be clean and tidy.
- Wi-Fi: in this day and age, a reliable internet connection is very important. You should be able to stay in touch with the world, regardless of where you are. The Wi-Fi connection needs to be available and accessible regardless of where you are within a hotel.
- The bathroom space: a good hotel should have adequate bathroom space. This will allow guests to feel at home and relaxed. It should be spacious enough to set up a few things that you need to use often.
Check Out the City Website – Brenham has a great.org website dedicated to informing citizens and visitors alike about all that happens in town. Moreover, the city has links to its own tourism website so that visitors can get information on where to stay, and play, while in Brenham. While you explore the city website, you’ll also learn a little about the civic beauty & quaint nature of this east Texas gem. Their parks and recreation info is top-notch.
Chamber & Visitors Board – Brenham also happens to have one of the best tourism websites in the state, with a major overhaul for user-friendliness in just the last few months. Information on the hotels & motels in the area is available, but the site also highlights all of the other traditional and non-traditional modes of lodging that can be found in Brenham or elsewhere in Washington County, TX (the county in which Brenham is located).
It’s important to note that using the internet as a tool for finding a hotel in Brenham outside of the official city & tourism sites works very well. You just have to know what to look for. Here are some tips:
Read Carefully – A search engine query about amenities, hotels, and Brenham yields quite a number of results. You’ll find that the designation of ‘hotel’ can sometimes be a little misleading. For example, the Ant Street Inn located off Commerce Street in Brenham will show up on a general hotel search but is labeled as a bed and breakfast on the city’s tourism site.
Something A Little Different – Even though you’re looking for hotels, keep in mind that your general internet search may not lead you to some of the beautiful examples of lodging that Brenham has to offer, which is a real shame. B&Bs like Wakefield Farms & the Southern Rose Ranch & vacation rentals like the historic Holle House are some of the highlights.
1. SALA Beach Resort
Address: 10/9 Moo 5, Baan Plai Laem, Choeng Mon, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand
Cost: 40k INR
The SALA beach resort in Koh Samui has almost all the facilities and concierge services. The Villa Suites, Salsa Pool Villa and Deluxe Balcony Villa are very famous here. Swimming pool, Spa and fine dining are also available. With romantic beachfront bars and restaurants, you will experience a personal and private timeout with your loved one.
2. The Tongsai Bay
Address: 84 Moo 5, Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
Cost: 25- 30k INR
Spend your honeymoon in The Tongsai Bay where you will experience the luxury of the best kind. Set on the seafront with multiple accommodation options to choose from – no matter which Villa you choose for your romantic gateway – the beach views will keep you stunned for sure. With lush green setting around the resort, the spa facilities, swimming pool, adventurous water sports – The Tongsai Bay is home to many recreational activities as well. There’s also an option to enroll in their in-house classes for yoga and fruit-carving. Chaweng beach and the Fisherman’s village are in a close proximity to this bay resort.
3. Anantara Mai Khao Villas
Address: Soi Hat Pak Phra, Tambon Mai Khao, Chang Wat Phuket 83110, Thailand
Cost: 30k INR
Anantara Mai Khao Villas is one of the best honeymoon resorts in Thailand. With Sirinath National Park tucked right behind it – the places you can visit during your stay are – Koh Sireh, The Turtle Village and Similan Islands. The services provided in Anantara Mai Khao Villas is so good that you’ll not get the heart to leave this beautiful place. The villas are huge and have private pools. You will have your *awe* moment right after you enter the villa because the tradition is to greet visitors with jasmines. The Tree House is famous for its cocktails and Thai-style tapas – whereas The Tasting Room is for delicious cuisines and fine wine.